We began our New Year's Eve with an outing to Coogee Beach...boy were the waves ginormous!! We only made it into our knees, since the waves were rising FAR above our heads...a surfer's dream. We soaked up some more sun...all of you will be jealous of our tans, or sunburns when we return. With rumbling tummies...again, we went on a hunt for pizza...who knew it'd be so difficult to find a slice of pizza beach side. Our search ended in failure with only a bottle of coke and a phone call to Debie for a pick up.
Back at the house, Debie cooked us a phenomenal prawn and pasta dinner. Skip and Nathan joined us for dinner and pre-NYE drinks. We were off to Bondi Junction to catch the train into the city. After a surprisingly easy train ride, we arrived at Luna Park in Sydney Harbour. Decked out and lookin HOT in our New Year's dresses and cute heels! As we followed the carnival entertainment into the park...we headed directly to the bar, of course. We rode some rides, watched the 9p family fireworks, had some more drinks, rode more rides...then caught a concert under the "Big Top"! Just before midnight we found a prime spot on the boardwalk with a great view of the Bridge. At the stroke of midnight the sky lit up with a magnificent fireworks display over the bridge and from various barges in the harbour. HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008.After a few more hours and a few more drinks and many many more blisters on our feet we headed back to Debie's for some sleep.
We rose only 4 hours later to make our way to the airport to catch our flight to Brisbane. We landed and went to get our "hired car". What were we thinking? Driving on the wrong side of the road? Oh nooo! After several wrong turns and driving past our hostel about 6 times we finally made it safe and sound. Pretty mellow night. Heading to the Australia Zoo (home of the Crocodile Hunter!!) tomorrow. Crikey! Stay tuned :-)
7 comments:
Sounds like everyone is having a great time. Sampling all the local drink and food. Aunt Debbie seems to be a wonderful gal. Glad you had such a wonderful place to stay and I would she really enjoyed having all of you. I say pics of the fireworks on the net and they looked spectacular. Hope the trip continues as wonderful as it already has been
Jane
Who's Jane? I'm Jayne, Erin and Jeni's Jayne. All I can say is, ahhh, to be 26 again! I'd be right there keeping up with the rest of you!!! Have fun 4 me!
Happy New year from the Browns!!!
(this blog is fun) Love you all!
hi girls!!! sounds like you're having the time of your lives out there! i can't wait to see pictures of the adventures, the beaches and your hot new years outfits... post em soon! hehehe :) take care and i look forward to reading your next entry!!
love, nicolie
Hi girls!
I am soo jealous! It sounds like you are having so much fun. I wish I could have seen you guys trying to drive on the wrong side of the road. Got your voicemail. Thank you! I miss you. My b-day was not the same without you. Actually, I spent most of my b-day in the ER and at the doctor's office because I sprained my ankles when I fell down the stairs at work. I'm okay now. Love ya both! P.S. Both grandmas think you guys are alkies! He he!
Nicki
Hi Erin,
Sounds like you guys are havomg a wonderful time!! Waiting to hear new stories. Glad to hear Aunt Debbie took good care of all of you.
Write soon to let us know what you are up to next? How was your trip to the zoo?
Love you, Mom
Happy New Year! It sounds like you're having a great time. I can't wait to see pictures. Jeni, I miss you! Love, Mom
Post a Comment